6 chicken thighs
6 tomatillos, halved
1 onion, large dice
4 jalapeno, halved and seeded
4 cloves garlic
1 bunch cilantro
1 tsp ground cumin
salt to taste (Should make the flavors pop)
1) Preheat oven to 425F. On a baking sheet roast the tomatillos, onion, jalapeno, poblano, and garlic. Roast the garlic until browned. Roast the onions until some spots are charred (some will still be white, others will be translucent). Remove the poblanos and jalapenos once they are charred. Roast the tomatillos until they have collapsed and browned (this condenses the sugars and makes it sweeter.)
2) Seed the poblano. Add the poblano, tomatillos, jalapeno, onion, garlic, 1 bunch cilantro and cumin to a blender. Blend until smooth. Add salt until flavors pop.
3) In a stock pot add the verde sauce and the chicken. Bring to a boil and then lower to a simmer. Cook for an hour and a half or until chicken easily shreds. Shred chicken.
12 ounce black beans
1/2 onion, finely diced
1 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
cumin to taste
onion powder to taste
garlic powder to taste
chili powder to taste
salt to taste
1) Saute the onion and jalapeno until browned. Add the black beans and seasonings. Bring to a boil and lower to a simmer. Cook until thickened.
1 bag tostidos or favorite corn tortilla chips
4 oz shredded cheddar
4 oz shredded pepper jack
1 bunch green onion, sliced
1) Preheat oven to 375F. On a large baking sheet layer chips, 1/4 of the cheese, chicken verde, black beans and then the rest of the cheese. Top with green onions. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is fully melted and heated throughout. Baking time will vary depending if the chicken verde and black beans are cold or hot.
Please if you have any questions DM me on instagram. Make sure to post a pic and tag us when you try it! Thank you :)
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
Baking Sheet amzn.to/2IGEvV3