10-12 figs, halved
1/2 onion, chopped
1 slice bacon, sliced
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup water
1 tsp lemon juice
6 tbsp coffee (optional)
1) In a small sauce pot add all the ingredients. Bring to a boil and then lower to a simmer. Cook for thirty minutes or until the liquid has thickened, stirring occasionally.
2) Use a stick blender to blend until smooth.
4 pork chops
2 tbsp oil
2 tbsp butter
1/8 tsp dried sage
1/8 tsp dried thyme
1/8 tsp dried rosemary
salt to taste
2 oz water
3-4 tbsp fig jam
1) Salt the pork chops and let sit at room temperature for at least five minutes.
2) Add oil to a cast iron skillet or stainless steel heavy bottom skillet to a depth of about 2cm. Heat oil over medium high heat until oil is slightly smoking. Add the pork chops (be careful as this will create some crackling and popping).
3) Cook for about 3-4 minutes aside (if pork is roughly 1-inch thick), flip 3-4 times. After flipping the pork chop the last time, lower heat and add 2 Tbsp of butter, thyme, rosemary, and sage. When the butter starts to foam, begin basting the pork with the butter (tilt pan towards you to help spoon butter). Keep basting until pork is medium.
4) Add the water and fig jam. Cook until the jam thickens and glazes the pork chops.
5) Serve over rice and cabbage, spooning some glaze over the top.
1/2 head cabbage, thinly sliced
1/2 onion, sliced
2 strips bacon, sliced
1-2 dashes liquid smoke
1) In a large saute pan, cook the bacon until crispy. Add the onions and cook until transluscent.
2) Add the cabbage, salt and pepper. Cook at medium high heat until cabbage has softened. Add the liquid smoke and cook an additional five minutes.
3) Serve with the fig glazed pork chop.
1) I used a stick blender for the fig jam, but you can use a vitamix as well.
2) I used my kuerig to make one cup of coffee.
3) Can add powdered chicken bouillon when adding the water and fig jam to the pork chops.
4) I made the fig jam ahead of time. Can make the jam without bacon if you do not eat meat. Add a little liquid smoke if you want the smoky flavor.
Please if you have any questions DM me on instagram. Make sure to post a pic and tag us when you try it! Thank you :)
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
Stick blender amzn.to/3bB9tsb