10-12 jumbo shrimp (or more)
1/2 small onion, finely chopped
1 shallot, finely chopped
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp coriander
1 tsp oregano
15 oz tomato sauce
8 oz harissa.html (adjust if using store bought paste)
4 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
salt to taste
lemon wedges to serve
1) Over medium heat in a large saute pan add the vegetable oil, onion and shallots. Cook until shallots have browned and onions are translucent. Add the cumin, coriander, and oregano. Cook until fragrant.
2) Add the tomato sauce and harissa. Bring to a boil. Add the shrimp and parsley. Lower to a simmer. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until shrimp has cooked fully. Salt to tast.
3) Serve over rice or pasta. Squeeze the fresh lemon wedges over the top! The lemon adds brightness and freshness to this dish.
1) This works great with fish or chicken as well.
2) For vegetarians/vegans use fresh tomatoes, tofu, mushrooms, carrots or peppers instead of the meat or a combination of those.
3) When I serve this over pasta I like to add a dash of cream and fresh basil.
Please if you have any questions DM me on instagram. Make sure to post a pic and tag us when you try it! Thank you :)
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
Harissa Paste amzn.to/2ZAOnVZ