2 large red bell peppers
6 fresno chilis
1 dried new mexico chilis
1 dried california chilis
4-5 garlic cloves
1 tbsp smoked paprika
2 tsp coriander
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp fennel
3 tbsp olive oil
1) Turn oven on to broil. Place the bell peppers and two of the fresno chilis on a baking sheet. Broil until charred on each side. Turning the pepper roughly every 7 minutes. (Times will very)
2) Put the dried chilis on the baking sheet and toast for 3-5 minutes.
3) Remove bell peppers fresnos and dried chilis and remove the seeds. Place the remaining fresno chilis and all the ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth. Add salt to taste. I used my vitamix which makes the harissa very smooth. Allows me to use less olive oil.
1) Seed the fresno chilis if you want a less spicy harissa.
2) Can use large red sweet peppers as well.
3) I will post a link to my favorite store bought harissa paste.
Please if you have any questions DM me on instagram. Make sure to post a pic and tag us when you try it! Thank you :)
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
Harissa Paste amzn.to/2ZAOnVZ